Pugs are an amazing dog breed to have. They are amazing and are often categorised as emotional dogs. They can easily connect with people’s sentiments and emotions. People love them and consider them as part of their own family. However, getting a pug in today’s day and age can be a little troublesome and tedious process. You need to know which place can guarantee you a great deal. There can be a lot of confusion as well regarding where you want to get your pug? Do you want to adopt your pooch? Or get it from a pug store. Here’s a list of breeders/stores available in and around Virginia.
- 1 Pugs for sale in Virginia: List of Breeders
- 1.1 Mountainside Pugs (Pug breeders in Loudoun county Virginia)
- 1.2 Puppy City
- 1.3 Piney Mountain Kennel(Pug breeders Lynchburg Virginia)
- 1.4 Hidden Hollow Kennel (Pug breeders Lynchburg Virginia)
- 1.5 Howling Hill Kennels (Pug puppies for sale in Quantico Virginia)
- 1.6 My Next Puppy
- 1.7 Pauley’s Pups (Pug puppies for sale in Richmond Virginia)
- 1.8 Pups n Stuff (Pug puppies for sale in Norfolk Virginia)
- 1.9 Pets n Pals(Pug puppies for sale in Richmond Virginia)
- 2 How Do I Find a Pug Breeder?
- 3 How Can You Tell it’s a Good Quality Pug?
- 4 How to Buy a Cute Pug Puppy?
- 5 Conclusion!
Pugs for sale in Virginia: List of Breeders
How Do I Find a Pug Breeder?
There are many places where you can search for a good pug breeder. You can contact your friends, family and neighbours. Ask them for numbers. You can go and check shops and contact the breeders supplying them with dogs. The best way however is to meet them in shows. The reliable breeders come to prestigious dog shows and you can ask for a pooch for you.
How Can You Tell it’s a Good Quality Pug?
To ensure that the pug you have is of great quality, you have to look at its health reports. These are some pointers you need to keep in your mind to know if the quality of your pooch is top-notch.
- Make sure that your pooch comes from a clean shelter. In this case, be informed about the shelter conditions. If the shelter is dirty and sees dogs as breeding machines, the pug you have will be of ill health.
- Do not buy a pug from a puppy mill. Puppy mills are extremely unorganised and dirty. They are not USDA recognised and the pooches there are susceptible to all kinds of infections and diseases.
- Dig into the genetic history of the pooch. Look if there are diseases the pooch seems to carry with them. If they occur that can be a problem.
- Concentrate on the earlier diet that the pug used to have. Were they nicely provided with a well-balanced diet, if they are not, they can be susceptible to multiple illnesses.
- Look at the documentation from top to toe before buying the pug. Make sure that all the documents are in proper order. If there are any issues with vaccination and deworming, the pug can potentially suffer.
- Make sure that your pooch has all the vaccines, deworming done. Or it can be a problem for its health.
How to Buy a Cute Pug Puppy?
There are certain things that you need to look after when buying a cute pug puppy. The best way however is to know the parents of the cute pug. Are they purebred or cross? If the parents are from a different breed the pooch looks cute.
Try to watch photos of your pooch from the website. A lot of websites have a variety of photos belonging to your pooch in various dresses. If they look cute to you, your pooch will be cute.
Pugs are a cute dog breed. They are lovely and amazing. But having a pug comes with a lot of responsibilities. One has to be ready for all health-based emergencies that can occur anytime. You have to do pet insurance for the dog. Due to its breeding as a companion dog, pugs have a lot of genetic abnormalities that can transition to health problems. Make sure that you can handle them.